|Cornerstone Credit Union will be awarding three-$1,000 scholarships totaling $3,000 to members of Cornerstone that are pursuing post-secondary education. Winners will be chosen based on criteria including academic achievements, recommendations, leadership; and extra-curricular activities including school and community activities, volunteer work and job experience.
1. The applicant must have his/her own account and be a member in good standing with Cornerstone Credit Union.
• If you’re not a member – why not?! Sign up for a membership today at your local branch or call
1-855-875-2255 to speak with our Contact Centre.
2. The applicant must be graduating and furthering his/her education in a post-secondary institution within the same calendar year.
• Qualifying post-secondary institutions are any Canadian University, Institute of Applied
Science and Technology, and/or Business College. Preference will be given to students
registering in Saskatchewan Institutions unless the course is not available in Saskatchewan.
•Proof of acceptance into a post-secondary institution will be required prior to scholarship
•Proof of enrolment must be provided by December 31, 2018 to receive scholarship funding.
3. The applicant will be evaluated based on the following categories.
• Volunteer work/job experience
• Extracurricular activities and/or community involvement
4. The following must be included in your scholarship package submission or your application will be considered incomplete. Transcripts and references may be mailed in separately as needed.
•Completed and signed scholarship application.
•Official transcript of Grade 10, 11, and most recent semester of Grade 12.
•A current resume and letter of reference. Letter of reference can be either from a high school
teacher or from place of employment or volunteer related experience.
Applications must be submitted online or postmarked by April 15, 2018. Applications should be submitted by one of the following methods.
Cornerstone Credit Union
64 Broadway St E
Yorkton SK S3N 0K7
Attention: CCU High School Financial Scholarship
By online submission:
Use the entry form on the lower section of this page.
To download the application in PDF format: CLICK HERE
Awarding of Scholarships
Decisions will be made by the Cornerstone Scholarship Committee. All scholarship decisions will be made by May 1, 2018. All applicants will be notified by June 30, 2018.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-875-2255.